NAPOCTEP is committed to innovation and digitisation of SMEs in the tourism sector with European funds on its Napoleonic routes between Spain and Portugal
- The EU has launched a call for COSME to promote digitisation, innovation and new technologies in tourism through transnational cooperation and capacity building.
- The deadline for submitting applications is 11 February 2021.
Brussels, 09.12.2020. – The European Commission has launched a call for the adoption of innovation and digitisation in the tourism sector within its programme for small and medium-sized enterprises, COSME. The specific objective of this call (COS-TOURINN-2020-3-04) is to develop and implement transnational and cross-sector support schemes for digital transformation, innovation and intelligent tourism solutions in SMEs in the tourism ecosystem.
The NAPOCTEP project is committed to innovation and digitisation in the tourism sector for the protection of the natural and cultural heritage, as well as the development of the towns that make up its Napoleonic routes in the Central Region of Portugal and in Castilla y León. The NAPOCTEP routes, which are part of the Council of Europe’s Cultural Itinerary “Destination Napoleon”, act as a vector for tourism’s cultural and sustainable development in the POCTEP cooperation area.
NAPOCTEP’s commitment to smart tourism as a dynamic element of inland areas, supported by cultural tourism in Spain and Portugal, shares the objectives of COSME’s call for “Adoption of innovation and digitalisation in the tourism sector”:
- Strengthening transnational and cross-border cooperation: in particular the integration of tourism companies and stakeholders in transnational and interregional innovation ecosystems to enable intelligent and sustainable growth of tourism SMEs.
- To promote the capacity and skills of SMEs to improve their use of new digital technologies, which will lead to new business models in tourism
- To promote innovative solutions to improve tourism management and tourism supply through co-operation within the tourism ecosystem, including public-private partnerships
This call has a total budget for project co-financing estimated at 8.000.000 euros. The maximum grant per project will be 1,000,000 euros and is limited to a maximum reimbursement rate of 75% of the total eligible costs.
The deadline for submitting applications is February the 11th 2021. Proposals must be submitted by a consortium consisting of
- A minimum of 5 and a maximum of 10 members/partners (different legal entities).
- From at least 5 of the countries identified as eligible.
- A minimum of 1 and a maximum of 2 public authorities and bodies.
- At least 1 business support organisation.
Each consortium will support a minimum of 60 tourism SMEs, from a minimum of 3 eligible countries The project, which should last between 25 and 36 months, can cover activities such as the creation of a transnational and cross-border cooperation network; the implementation of support actions for enterprises to develop their digital skills and create innovative services; and the exchange of experiences, knowledge and good practices to boost the adoption of digitisation, innovation and new technologies in tourism.
If you are interested in participating, please contact the NAPOCTEP project technical team: email@example.com
See the full call for proposals: www.cutt.ly/QhRTIgs
For more information on the call, please see: www.cutt.ly/HhRTdg4
For more information on the NAPOCTEP project, see: www.napoctep.eu